RoGallery is committed to the absolute privacy of our customers and security of this website and user information. Under no circumstance do we sell or rent this information.
This Policy applies to all of our Services, regardless of how you use them, and whether or not you register for an RoGallery account. This Policy applies to how we collect, store, share, and use information. This Policy does not apply to any entity that we do not own or control, or to any person that we do not employ or manage. If, at any time during the course of using our Services, you are directed to a third-party site, you understand and agree that the policies of the third-party site govern.
Types of Information We Process
Information You Provide: We may collect the information that you provide (such as name, email address, home address, phone number) or otherwise make available to us when you access or use our Services, including when you:
- fill in any forms on our Services, such as when you register for an RoGallery account or update your account or user profile information;
- access or use our Services, such as when you search for or view artwork or other items, follow artists or artworks, place bids in an auction or otherwise perform transactions (this can include the information you provide on or through our Services, and information about how you access or use our Services, such as which features you use and when you use them);
- communicate with us.
Information Collected Automatically: We may automatically collect certain information about how you access or use our Services, and by using our Services you consent to the collection of that information. Examples include but are not limited to: internet browser, operating system, device and application identifiers, IP address and geo-location information, access times and dates, referring and exit pages and URLs, clickstream data, search terms, pages viewed, time spent on pages, bounce rate and login frequency.
Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from third-party partners (such as other companies with which we may jointly offer services or conduct promotional events), third-party service providers, credit bureaus or other sources, including but not limited to demographic information, contact information, open data, publicly available data and credit check information. We may use this information for legitimate business purposes, including the performance of a contract, customer support, fraud prevention, and credit-related decisions in connection with our Services, along with other purposes described in this Policy.
Information from Mobile Use: When you access our Services on a mobile device, for example, when you download or use the RoGallery Auction mobile application or visit our website from a mobile browser, we may obtain information about your location and mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device which information may be used for legitimate business purposes. Along with the other purposes described in this Policy, we may use this information in order to customize our Services, Content and marketing for your location. Most mobile devices let you disable location services, and your choices for location services may vary depending on your mobile device.
View on Wall Technology
How We Use the Information We Collect and the Reasons for Doing So
The information we collect helps us to operate, improve, protect, and customize our Services, as well as develop new Services. The information we collect also helps us provide customer support and make our Services more efficient for you and other Users.
For the sake of transparency, it is our responsibility to outline for you the legitimate business purposes for the collection of information and the reasons why we do so, in order for you to make an informed decision regarding the use of our Services.
In addition to the other uses of information described in this Policy, we may use all of the information that we obtain from or about you for the following purposes and reasons:
- to provide our Services to you, including new Services we develop later (reason: legitimate business purpose and performance of a contract);
- to provide you with customer support (reason: legitimate business purpose);
- to facilitate your communications or transactions with us or other Users (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose);
- to operate, improve, and customize our Services, Content, and marketing, to develop new Services, and to understand how you use and interact with our Services and Content, and the products, services, and Content of others (reason: legitimate business purpose);
- to develop and display more customized Content and ads to you on or off our Services (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose);
- to promote and maintain a trusted, safer, and more reliable environment on our Services, for example, to help detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, conduct investigations or risk assessments, or verify actions taken by you or associated with your account (reason: to protect the public interest and for legitimate business purpose);
- to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to address issues with your account or use of our Services, collect fees, send you updates about our Services or policies, or for other purposes permitted by law (reason: performance of a contract and for legitimate business purpose);
- to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to send you marketing communications, promotional messages, printed mailings and offers about our Services and Content, and the products, services, and Content of others (see below for information on how to opt out of receiving certain communications from us) (reason: to receive consent, and for legitimate business purpose);
- to facilitate your participation in contests, sweepstakes or other promotional events sponsored or conducted by us or by others in conjunction with us (reason: performance of a contract);
- to perform other functions as described when the information is collected or requested, or for other purposes with your prior consent (reason: legitimate business purpose).
User Account Settings
Registration, Access and Records: To register for a RoGallery account, you will need to do so by providing your full name and a valid email address. If you have received our permission to use our Services as a business, you may need to complete an additional registration process and provide additional information. If you have a RoGallery account, you may access, add, remove or update certain information about you in your profile and account settings, as indicated on our Services. It is your responsibility to update all such information as necessary to keep it accurate and current. When you update your account or profile information, we may keep a record of the unrevised information for purposes consistent with this Policy. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so by using the tools provided in your profile and account settings, subject to any other agreements between you and us and any transactions which have not yet been completed. If you terminate your account, we may keep a record of any or all information associated with you or your account, as required or permitted by law, for purposes consistent with this Policy, and any such data shall be attached to a unique identifier which cannot be used to identify you; specific account data that includes Personal Information including your name, e-mail, contact information, and certain other records such as settings and collector profiles will be removed at such termination. For further information, please contact us (+1)718-937-0901 at email@example.com.
Profile and Account Information: To make our Services more interactive, certain information about Users’ profiles or accounts may be made accessible to other Users on or through our Services, as indicated in Users’ profile and account settings on our Services, or as otherwise indicated by us when you use certain Services. Our Services may include settings to control how certain profile or account information is shared with other Users on or through our Services, and you should check your profile and account settings regularly to be informed of your current choices. For further information, please contact us (+1)718-937-0901 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention: We will keep and use your data as described in this Policy for (i) as long as your account is in use, is open, or is active; (ii) as long as is necessary to comply with any tax, legal, and/or other regulatory requirements; and (iii) to protect and defend against potential legal claims. If you would like to request the deletion of your personally identifiable information or request that it be returned to you, please contact us at (+1)718-937-0901 at email@example.com. By deleting your data from our Site, you understand that you will no longer be able to use our Services. We will retain your anonymized, aggregated, depersonalized data after it has been deleted from our Site.
We provide registered Users with settings on our Services to control whether they receive certain communications from us. If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, you can unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe link in the email you received, modifying your preferences in your profile and account settings (if you have registered for an RoGallery account), or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not be able to opt out of receiving some communications from us, such as email about your account, your relationship with us, or your transactions with us or other Users. For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Please note that unsubscribing from receiving emails from us may result in a less robust experience of our Services.
Artist Favorites & Followed Artworks
Our Services may include features that enable you to designate your “favorite” artists, designers or other creators, artwork or other items, or categories of artwork or other items. Our Services may also include features that enable you to “follow” artists, designers or other creators, or specific artworks or other items.
If you enable such designations, we may include you in email communications regarding those designations. If you would like to opt out of receiving those emails, please follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant email or visit your account profile to update your email settings. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Web Sites
Sharing Personal Information
Personal Information. Under this Policy, "Personal Information" means information that by itself can be used to identify or contact a specific person (for example, a person’s name, email address, postal address or phone number), and Personal Information does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous so that by itself it no longer identifies and can no longer reasonably be used to contact a specific person. In certain circumstances, Personal Information may also include information you voluntarily provide to us such as artists you choose to follow. We will only share your Personal Information with others in the ways described in this Policy, or otherwise with your prior consent. In addition to the other sharing of Personal Information described in this Policy, we may share your Personal Information with others in the following contexts.
- Service Providers: We may contract with third-party service providers that help us provide our Services, or that perform services for us related to our Services, and they may process your Personal Information as necessary to perform those functions for us. Examples may include but are not limited to: identity verification, document authentication, public database review, order fulfillment, package delivery, payment processing, bill collection, fraud investigation, email and postal mail administration, customer service assistance, web and mobile data analytics, display ads, and server and database hosting services. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not sell your Personal Information to our Service Providers.
- Payment Processing: We use third-parties, including Authorize.net, to gather your data from financial institutions. By using our Services, you grant our third-party providers the right, power, and authority to act on your behalf to access and transmit your personal and financial information from the relevant financial institution according to terms of such third-party providers' privacy policies and service terms.
- Images: Items submitted to us via the Sell Art page or email we may send to a third party for authenticity verification. We will not distribute, replicate or share your personal data with anyone during the discussion of purchase or consignment.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, your Personal Information may be one of the assets transferred. In this event, if you have registered for an RoGallery account, we will notify you of the change of ownership by sending an email to the most recent email address you provided us under your RoGallery account.
We may aggregate and/or make anonymous any Personal Information that we have obtained in any way from or about you or others so that such information no longer contains any Personal Information. We may use and share any aggregated, anonymous or other non-personally identifying information for any legitimate business purposes, including research and development, marketing, and to inform others about how our Services or Content are engaged with or used.
Every RoGallery account is protected by a password to help maintain privacy and security on our Services. If you register for an account, we urge you to use a strong password containing unique numbers, letters and special characters, and to protect the confidentiality of your password at all times. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account or password, you agree to immediately notify us and change your password. Please note that while we seek to protect your information and maintain the security of our Services, due to the possibility of hardware or software failure, unauthorized entry or use and other factors, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, whether online or offline. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. Please also note that any information you provide to us via email is unencrypted.
Note to Parents
At RoGallery we are aware that many children may want to visit us on the internet. Although we welcome browsing, we encourage children to receive permission from their parents before doing so. Art is an open and free expression of the human condition. If you feel that you or your children may be offended by any of the content of the site, please refrain from using it. Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from people in this age group.
U.S. Based Service
Our center of operation is in the United States. Your data is held in the United States and transactions are processed in US Dollars on servers in the United States. As such, all data is held in accordance with United States laws and procedures which differ from those in other regions of the world, such as the European Union. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these data policies. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
If you are a resident of California as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, you may have additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. For more information regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, please visit their website here.
Some jurisdictions have laws that give people the right to access or correct their Personal Information which a company has about them. We will honor any statutory right you may have to access or correct your Personal Information that we have in our records, and you can email such requests to email@example.com. Once we receive your request, we will let you know if an administrative fee will apply to fulfill your request, as permitted by applicable law. However, please note that even if you have a legal right to request access to information or to correct information, as permitted by applicable law, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, would require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or materially changing an existing practice), would jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical to fulfill (for example, requests to access information located on backup systems).
What these Technologies Are: “Cookies” are small data files placed on your computer or other device which record information. For example, a cookie could enable our Services to recognize your browser, while another cookie could store your account preferences and other information to help make our Services more customized. We may use two kinds of cookies, “session cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session cookies normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain on your device until they expire or are deleted. “Web beacons” (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFS”) are pieces of code or pixels embedded in a web page or email to track engagement with and responses to emails, web pages or ads, or to access or communicate with cookies. “Tracking URLs” are special URLs that can be used to track engagement with and responses to emails or web pages.
Opting-Out: Third-party providers may offer you a way to opt-out of receiving cookies from them by visiting their own websites or the websites of industry groups such as the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. For example, you may opt-out of receiving ad-related cookies from Google through its Ad Settings. If you opt-out of receiving cookies from one of these providers, it may place a cookie on your device to remember your preference. For more information about AdChoice, please visit their website. Accordingly, if you delete cookies, install a new browser, or start using a new device, you may need to repeat the opt-out process. To opt out of receiving any marketing materials, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published January 29th, 2020